Friday, January 6, 2012

At the top of the world on Penang Hill

I went to Penang Hill on a particular morning in December 2011. Honestly, there's nothing much up there, except for the super cooling air and breathtaking sceneries to enjoy.

Since I'm a student, I only need to pay RM4 which is half-priced from the adult's price (RM8). Senior citizens also get half-priced. However, it's bad news for foreigners coz they have to pay RM30 which is a HUGE difference lol. So remember to bring your MyKad (for Malaysian citizens) if you wanna go up!

Photobucket

At the ticket booth.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were there at 7.30am and since it was a weekday, there wasn't a lot of people at that time. So we were the first at the queue lol.

Photobucket

Okay I got bored waiting for the gate to open so I backtracked to take some pictures. Here's the way leading from the ticket booth to the train.

Photobucket

They have stuff from the previous years displayed in one whole row of shelves along the walkway, kind of like a mini musuem :) Both trains below are the older versions.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, inside the train :) I wanted to sit right in front, but since there were other people sitting there so... I sat right at the end instead!

Photobucket

It turned out to be a better choice (I guess), because I got to see bit by bit of the island while getting myself pulled up higher and higher :p

Photobucket

Photobucket

A small station halfway up. Last time, passengers have to change trains at this station in order to continue their journey up Penang Hill but now they don't have to - which is very convenient!

Photobucket

Going into the tunnel. Wheeeee!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yay I've reached! The ride took around 5-10 minutes. You can see it was so early as the sun was rising halfway.. lol.

Photobucket

Photobucket

You gotta LOVELOVELOVE this! The golden (yes, golden!) sun rays pouring down, making the whole world seem so magical :D Ahhhh perfect moment froze.

Photobucket

Not so magical...

Photobucket

Can you see the Penang bridge in the distance? ;)

Photobucket

Sky Terrace is a restaurant that operates at night! They have a few restaurants open only at night so that customers can enjoy their meal thousands of feet above sea level, while basking in the night breeze and looking down at million spots of light. Romantic la romantic! :)

Photobucket

My sis and I! Love this pic!

Photobucket

Climbed up to Sky Terrace haha.

Photobucket

Let's go in :D

Photobucket

Well, I believe this rocky path leads to the rainbow.

Photobucket

A secret house hiding away among the trees! XD This is like the English cottage in novels which I always picture in my mind :p

Photobucket

Some cute flower growing out of the leaf. My mom was so excited to see this; she wanted to take the plant home =.=

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, guess what. It's my house! Oh yeah!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Walked down a hill, and came to this.

Photobucket

Where you'll eventually see this.

Photobucket

After that, we went in the other direction. It was such a long long walk in, just to admire those English-syled bungalows. I didn't know why I wanted to do it.

On the way, I saw delicate pink petals lying trodden in the middle of the road! :'(

Photobucket

Those faraway mountains look like they're covered in snow :p

Photobucket

I think this is the first time I see such a thing like that! Sad right? Hmm.. why do they put the shape of a rooster there huh?

Photobucket

Haha, my second bungalow :D I love this more! Very private and lots of greenery :p

Photobucket

My sister's "piggy bank" lol. Cute la cute!

Photobucket

I think this is some ex-Penang chief minister's holiday home. He already passed away though.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While we were walking, this cat suddenly came and join our little party. Seriously weih, it followed us wherever we walked! Aww I guess it must have been lonely. Anyway, good company :')

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally finally, we walked back to the main area and went to check out the hotel. Somehow, the name sounded super familiar.

(Hmm, Wechsler-Bellevue intelligence test that I studied in Psychology? LOL maybe...)

Photobucket

The hotel is actually more like a mini hostel. Right at the end of the small and crampy place, it opened up to this :D

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These are peculiar flora! ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay, that's it from my Penang Hill trip! Hope you enjoyed the pictures because I enjoyed them very much ;p

LOL just kidding!

2 comments: