Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Singapore Trip #4 - Pasir Ris Park

In the evening - after we came back from Marina Bay Sands - my aunt took us down for a short trip to Pasir Ris Park. It's amazing how given the size of Singapore, "green lungs" are still set up (and well-maintained) in every corner of the busy concrete jungle.

The park is just a 5-10 minutes' walk from my uncle's apartment.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They have a mini jungle too which is just awesomely cool. It's like Kuala Selangor (which is very very far away from my house) !

Photobucket

Mangrove swamps. Because Pasir Ris is so close to the ocean, mangrove trees are great as a defence for, you know.. when tsunami comes.

Photobucket

There's a bird house! Now's the time when I wish for a pro DSLR with telescopic lens :p

Photobucket

I can totally imagine myself jogging here every morning. Or evening.

Photobucket

I spotted a... heron! Is that a heron? I don't know but it's realllllyyy big. It's very blur because I took this with my noob compact camera :p

Photobucket

Crossing the river. On the trees, we spotted quite a few of them white birds.

Photobucket

That's the road on the other side.

Photobucket

Back on the bridge.

Photobucket

And it's getting dark :/

Photobucket

Bigfoot! HAHAH ok lame.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we went to the beach! My uncle said they have lotsa activities here which includes horse-riding, barbecue-ing and etc. Must be fun to be able to invite your friends for a BBQ party at the seaside, without the need to travel too far.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The beach is kinda dirty actually... ;p

Photobucket

The birds were twirling across that same place for a while.. XD

Photobucket

Dark clouds looming up above us :o See, the park is just right next to the ocean! How cool is that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next up: Marina Barrage & Henderson Waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment