Saturday, January 21, 2012

Singapore Trip #9 - Haji Lane in Arab Street

Haji Lane in Arab Street has rows of quaint little boutiques for you to shop to your heart's content. Other than that, it offers restaurants that serve Middle Eastern cuisine as well.

Photobucket

Interestingly, Haji Lane is at the no. 6 spot on the Singapore: 10 Things to Do list compiled by TIME.

Photobucket

It was drizzling slightly on the day we went there, so our spirits were dampened as we walked from shop to shop.

Photobucket

Furthermore, taking pictures was extremely inconvenient with the need to hold an umbrella too. raindrops splashing down.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The tiny lane that's great for tourists to walk at their own pace, and enjoy their window shopping.

Photobucket

However, there were vehicles that passed through occasionally which made us pause halfway in our tracks all the time =.= The government should ban all vehicles from passing through Haji Lane, to give tourists maximum ease and comfortability.

The boutiques here have different themes. One of it was a storybook theme, which I really like.

Photobucket

Keep your attention on the black fountain pen...

Photobucket

...its ink leads to the 'book'! :p

Photobucket

I love this letterbox :)

Photobucket

I love this too! The owners here are certainly very creative.

Photobucket

I went up to have a look because my curiousity got the better of me :p Yup, and I was attracted to the cute decorations too ;)

Photobucket

Almost every shop along Haji Lane sells cute accessories and stuff that I would really love to have. But I didn't get anything, as the price are quite expensive (after converting to MYR). Also, the apparels sold here are mostly Korean fashion which isn't my taste.

Too bad for that :(

I saw a camera shop but it was closed, unfortunately. They sell vintage polaroids which cost up to $250 (film included). O.O

Photobucket

Photobucket

After going to Haji Lane, I felt like studying business - then I'll open my own little quaint shop in the middle of the busy streets and sit there in front of the counter like a boss! And the best thing will be when it's raining heavily outside, and I get to immerse myself in my own little fairytale world :p /dreams.

Oh, I would definitely recommend Haji Lane to anyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment