Thursday, January 19, 2012

Singapore Trip #6 - HortPark, Tiong Bahru market

The end of Henderson Waves is in Telok Blangah (as I mentioned in my previous post), and Hort Park was nearby.

Photobucket

Hort Park is the first gardening lifestyle hub in Asia that integrates a plethora of activities together under one roof in a park setting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

One can find gardening-related, recreational, educational, research and retail activities here at this gardening hub that also doubles as a knowledge hub for gardening information, training & value-added services such as networking opportunities.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm loving this ;D

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The toilets XD

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I risked my life to capture this weih! There were so many huge black bees (yup, like the one in the picture) flying around the morning glories. I waited quite long for it to come out of the flower :p

Photobucket

Candy cane!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some berries/fruits nestling in between the trees...

Photobucket

I spotted a two-tone millipede/centipede crawling on the floor!

Photobucket

Hmm.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Omgosh guess what's that? No not the flower!

Photobucket

...A FREAKING COBWEB! Stupid cobwebs always scare the shit out of me. I'll scream at the top of my lungs whenever I come in contact with them. Seriously! *shudders*

So many huge koi fishes swimming around in the pond :)

Photobucket

Later, we went to Tiong Bahru for breakfast. I was starved like crazy.

Photobucket

The food court is one floor above the Tiong Bahru market. My first time in this sort of place in Singapore! I usually see places like these in TV :p

The place is very clean, well-maintained and the best part is, it has many food stalls here (the food court is quite big actually) !

Photobucket

Tiong Bahru food is delicious. I especially like this "Tsui kuih" which my uncle recommended because it's one of the famous dishes here. AND we can never get this in Malaysia. :(

Photobucket

I'm so envious of the residences in Tiong Bahru XD

Next up, A Moving Masterpiece: The Song Dynasty as Living Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment