Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Singapore Trip #3 - Sight-seeing around Marina Bay Sands

Instead of taking the MRT home from the Marina Bay Sands station, my aunt took us sight-seeing around MBS first. We used this bridge (which is just outside the ArtScience Museum) to cross over to the other side. Very awesome bridge :p

Photobucket

The floating football field! Cool ass :D The players must have lotsa footballs to stand-by, in case one flies over the goalpost and into the water :p

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Do you wonder how on earth can such tiny base support such a huge and heavy lotus-shaped roof?

Photobucket

I don't know either.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Note: The MBS hotel will appear quite frequently in my pictures. It's so photogenic. I don't know why, but I love to take Singapore's many famous landmarks from different angles.

Photobucket

We reached the other side! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In December 2009 when I was in Singapore, my uncle drove us out for night time sight-seeing along Marina Bay Sands. It was so fun! And I look LOTS of pictures containing the same subjects but from different angles.

The Esplanade, MBS hotel, Lotus, Fullerton Hotel, Merlion, Singapore Flyer are among the frequent ones I took ;) As it was at night, the lights were so beautiful. Singapore buildings always fascinate me! :D

And I didn't know they have a Youth Olympic Park.

Photobucket

Some kids' drawings hung up along the stone wall.

Photobucket

He wants to jump into the sea of green!

Photobucket

It says "...highest mountain in the...". I can't see :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

Took this (again) while waiting at the junction to cross to the other side of the road.

Photobucket

We walked all the way to Promenade MRT station. It's quite a distance from MBS.

Photobucket

Went home, and saw the news about the MRT breakdown along the Red Line, which connects Marina Bay Sands and Orchard Road. We were so lucky as we took the MRT from Promenade - using the Circle Line instead, and escaped being stranded in the MRT!

It was very unfortunate that SMRT experienced multiple breakdowns later. And it kinda ruined my stay in Singapore coz I wasn't able to visit Orchard Road and see the Christmas decorations :( And I thought of going up to the rooftop of MBS hotel too! Well, there's always next time I guess...

And to conclude my MBS post, here's my Boarding Pass on the Titanic :)
*I went to the Titanic exhibition here.

Photobucket

SUPER COOL LORH. I feel like I'm one of the passengers.

Printed at the back was some passenger facts. Each boarding pass has different names of passengers on them.

Photobucket

This is the most interesting one out of the five. She's 19, and she's married with the title Mrs. - woah I certainly cannot imagined myself being called Mrs. XXX when I'm 19!

Her husband must be filthy rich as she's a 1st class passenger. (She's the only 1st class passenger that we got on the boarding passes lol. The rest are all 3rd class.)

Photobucket

She's enjoying her life man.. going on honeymoon in Egypt, Italy, Spain and France! She also had $10,000 (which I think is equivalent to millions in today's economy) worth of jewellery! Wtheck I also want. LOL. /envious

Photobucket

However, I didn't check if she survived the sinking or not. (All the names of the passengers were displayed in the exhibition under each respective categories - whether they survived or they didn't). I hope little Freu Freu survived.

I still have the boarding passes! Planning to keep them. Hehe... memories :')

Next up: Pasir Ris Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment