Friday, January 20, 2012

Singapore Trip #8 - Meeting up with FC & Wan Ting, shopping in Vivo City & Bugis Mall

The next day, I met up with my online friends Foongy (I prefer to call him Earl) and Wan Ting! We've been online friends for like 4 years and that day was the first time we met up :D

I was a little apprehensive (2 Singaporeans and 1 Malaysian: I felt intimidated LOLOL) and nervous, but excited too.

We ate brunch at some Hong Kong restaurant in White Sands shopping mall, which is just next to Pasir Ris MRT station. So sweet of them to travel all the way from Clementi and Bukit Batok which are almost at the end of the line :') And they even treated me to brunch! Omgosh :')

I had no idea why we chose to pose in front of Subway. LOLOL.

Photobucket

I forgot to straighten my shirt so it's wrinkled which unfortunately made my stomach look like it has multi-layered fat so please ignore the lines thank you ver much.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Did you notice our shirts? (Read mine first!) Stupid sia LOL.

Photobucket

They were great company! It's so cool and it was such a pleasure meeting them in person :) Next time, hopefully Veronica comes along. Coz she was the one who introduced me to them :p

After the lovely brunch, I went to Vivo City with my mom, aunt and sis. Not really my kind of place, as it was really big with thousands of shops that sell expensive stuff! Saya rambang mata. And I've been there before, so... we just walked around for a while.

And then I spotted Logos Hope at Harbourfront! (It is 2 years younger than the Titanic and is the world's largest floating bookstore)

Photobucket

I visited the ship when it came to Port Klang years ago. It was called Doulos at that time. I didn't go on the ship when we were in Singapore though. After my A Levels, I would love to volunteer on the ship for 2 months :) I'll get to visit different countries!!!!! :D

Photobucket

Dolled-up "fairies" posing for the cameras. They were walking on stilts. (I would like to see them *cough* trip *cough*) LOL. They gave out candy canes to the shoppers but they purposely ignore me! =.=

Photobucket

We were only at Vivo City for a short while, then we went to Bugis Mall :)

Photobucket

I love the outside of Bugis Mall. I think the place is called Bugis Junction.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So many stalls selling cute stuff. I like! (My kind of place :p)

Photobucket

Camwhored in the room when we got back. LOL nothing to do =.=

Photobucket

The next day, we went down to Downtown East (Costa Sands Resort). As everyone knows, the public transport in Singapore is so freaking efficient - we just have to wait for the free shuttle bus to come and fetch us from Pasir Ris MRT station! :) And Downtown East is only a few minutes' drive away...

See that apartment in the distance? That's where my uncle and his family live.

Photobucket

And just across the street, is the MRT station. SUPER CONVENIENT. I envy Singapore.

Photobucket

I FOUND CHATIME IN DOWNTOWN EAST! Whooooooooooo! Well, I know they have Chatime in Singapore but I've never seen any Chatime outlet in Singapore the whole time I was there. This is the first.

After seeing the 3-digit number when it was in the (late) afternoon, I know then... that the demand for Chatime in Singapore is much lower than that in Malaysia. Maybe Singaporeans prefer Koi (according to my cousin, it's the best).

Photobucket

In Malaysia, you can practically see Chatime everywhere - it has become so overrated over here =.=

Well anyway. THE BEST THING WAS, they have a Buy 1 Free 1 promotion (for selected drinks) AND their Pearl Milk Tea only costs $2 per cup! Why Malaysia don't have! D:

Their Pearl Milk Tea is super nice weih! I don't know if it's because I'm consuming it in Singapore LOL, but somehow their milk tea is more concentrated with a thicker flavour and the pearls are more chewy. Hmm. Or maybe something's wrong with the IOI Boulevard outlet over here.

Photobucket

Or perhaps, the demand for Chatime is so high in Malaysia which unfortunately leads to workers becoming less and less productive, causing the standard to drop. Can I say that demand is inelastic?

Next up: Haji Lane :)

No comments:

Post a Comment