Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Singapore Trip #5 - Marina Barrage, Henderson Waves

Henderson Waves was the only place that we planned to go in the morning. However, my uncle drove us to Marina Barrage first :)

Nothing much up there, except for the astounding view AND the fact that it's a popular kite-flying place. (Y MALAYSIA NO PLACE LIKE THAT =.=) I wanna go fly kites the next time I go again!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think here's the place where they separated the water into freshwater this side, and saltwater the other side. I think!

Photobucket

I love the Singapore Flyer from this angle! :D Coz usually it's hard to capture a perfect picture of it when I'm on ground level. Lol.

Photobucket

Marina Bay Sands hotel again :)

Photobucket

And yes, it's a REALLY AWESOME place for kite-flying. Spacious greens, high up in the air, strong winds. Now I really wanna fly a kite up there.

Photobucket

My uncle's idea LOL. Very cute!

Photobucket

My turn my turn! :) ...But my hand doesn't fit :/

Photobucket

So that's all for Marina Barrage. I wanna go for a picnic up there and FLY KITES (did I say that already?) ! Someone please take me there!

Moving on, to Henderson Waves :)

At 36 metres above Henderson Road, Henderson Waves is the highest pedestrian bridge in Singapore. It was built to connect Mount Faber Park to Telok Blangah Hill Park.

Photobucket

The bridge has a unique wave form made up of 7 undulating curved steel "ribs" that alternately rise over and under its deck. The curved "ribs" form alcoves that function as shelters with seats within.

Photobucket

Slats of yellow balau wood, an all-weather timber found in South-East Asia, are used in the decking. These are carvings on the slats marking the height I'm at on various points along the bridge.

Photobucket

A looong looooong way in.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My uncle's idea again LOL!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The wave-forms will be lit with attractive LED light from 7pm-2am daily, giving the bridge an illuminative glow.

Photobucket

This was taken from the picture on the board XD

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My legs were tired after such a long walk, so I was very glad when we finally reached the bottom :p

Photobucket

Next up: Hort Park!

1 comment:

  1. We are selling these cookies in the US. Please visit our website for more information.
    http://www.guidea.com/Shiroikoibito/

    ReplyDelete