Thursday, January 3, 2013

#WorldWalkingDay

World Walking Day happened on the 28th of October, 2012.

The event was organised by Nestle and it was held simultaneously at six places over the country, namely Putrajaya, Ipoh, Kuantan, Johor Bahru, Sabah and Sarawak, from 6am (crazy!) to 10am.

However, the walking only starts tentatively at 8am so we arrived around 7am, I think. And we still managed to get the free limited T-shirts - after such a long long long queue. Yay!

The streets of Putrajaya.


So many green balloons on that day.



I was happy coz I spotted a Milo truck. YES!



The sun beginning to rise.


Everywhere is green along the street, right in front of the Istana Kehakiman (Palace of Justice), Presint 3.




The finishing line.






Doing warm up exercises.


The balloons were released into the sky and the walk started!


I didn't get any of the balloons D:



They say by the time you reach the finishing line, you would have walked up to 10, 000 steps. Hmmmm.


Heading towards the Putrajaya Convention Centre.


People were busy walking, I was busy snapping pictures along the way, haha!






Then we made a U-turn...


Putrajaya lake on the other side ;)





Was kinda tired, so my sister and I sat down by the pavement. While resting, I tried snapping some motion blur pictures :D I just got my DSLR (yay) so it was my first time experimenting with it :D They would look better in monochrome or sepia, I think.



We arrived and saw a couple of policemen on horses, lol.


Wah, freaking long queue for Milo! Really reminded me of my school days when my friends and I so excitedly and patiently waited in line to get our cold Milo after merentas desa (cross country run) or durimg sports day :p



Four cups! Heh :D


People resting and walking about..



After a short rest, we walked to some place opposite the Palace of Justice. This picture was taken with slow shutter speed, so it turned out like a painting.. Wow!


And fast shutter speed. So cool :D







 Spotted a real tiny grasshopper when we were heading back!



Here's my tired face :3 On the way to Dengkil for lunch!


Btw, Nestle had this Twitter contest whereby those who tweet the 20 most creative tweets with the hashtag #NestleWWD will win prizes and guess what! I was one of them and I got RM200 Giant vouchers. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment