Saturday, January 19, 2013

Resorts World Sentosa @ Singapore

I went to Singapore again! I go there almost every December as my relatives are staying there, soo the novelty of being there kinda wears off year by year, hmm...

On the aeroplane :D




The second day we arrived, we went to the world's largest oceanarium located at Sentosa Island.



Umm technically, the oceanarium is called Marine Life Park and it features two world-class attractions namely S.E.A. Aquarium - world's largest aquarium - and Adventure Cove Waterpark. We only went to the S.E.A. Aquarium.



Long queue!


Before the Aquarium, there was this Maritime Experiential Museum exhibition thing going on.










Mom said the guy's using an ancient iPad -__-"










The Aquarium houses more than 800 species of marine animals including manta rays, Goliath grouper and Napoleon wrasse. Wooooooh. It's similar to Aquaria KLCC, but much bigger. The ticket price is $29 for adults and $20 for children.



My mom, sis, cousin and aunt :)


So colourful! :D


A bit scary to walk across this honestly :P


Baby seahorses! I've never seen a real seahorse in my life! So they were bobbing up and down, up and down...


The Aquarium is actually categorised into different parts of the ocean, which I thought was really cool. There's the Strait of Karimata and Java Sea, Strait of Malacca and Andaman Sea, Bay of Bengal and Laccadive Sea, Arabian Gulf and Arabian Sea, Red Sea, East Africa and South China Sea.


Transsexual fish!? :O :O :O


At the Discovery Touch Pool.



I got the chance to hold a starfish! Omaigosh :D I had to keep it underwater at all times. It's so big in size, it's even bigger than the palm of my hand as you can see. I thought it would be soft and squishy but surprisingly, it's hard as a rock! Feels like a rock as well.





Jellyfishes! They're so pretty :3



This one's a really huge one. It's bigger than my head, seriously.


This huge panoramic view of the 'ocean' is amazing. I can sit and admire the aquatic habitat for hours! It's like... I'm in the sea itself, but I'm not :')


It's unbelievable, I get to see for myself how a 'school of fish' really looks like.




So crowded at the lower deck.


The other side of the glass panel. But it's not so fun watching from here :P


The background seems so real eh?


Colourful coral reefs!



Ooooh, sharks :D


Mom said it's the ugliest fish in the world, LOL.


A shipwreck marks the end of our journey in the Aquarium.


They were selling these ice lollies at the exit. Sooooooooo cute! But so expensive...


Figures depicting historical people, with a description for each person.


That's James Brooke at the far right! I met him when I was in Form 2 and I miss him, ehehehe.


William Kidd the pirate! It's quite interesting how he became a pirate and how he ended up being hanged to his death. I'm lazy to write a synopsis, so go read up on him if you want :P


Some activity to do.


Haha!


"Hmm yes I understand what you're saying. Totally."


So I'm passionate, magnetic and emotional. Passionate and emotional quite true, but magnetic? Errrr I don't seem to attract a lot of hot guys....



A place for you to express your inner musical talent... Choosing the various musical instruments by tapping on the small screen may lead you to discover your incredible talent for music. You never know.


Reminds me of Noah haha!



The admission ticket also includes a food coupon worth $5 (just nice for one person) which you can use at either Malaysian Food Street (MFS) or some western restaurant... Obviously the MFS is the better choice. Malaysian pride yo!


For those of you who don't know, MFS is an effort by Resorts World Sentosa, who handpicked the best street food vendors from all over Malaysia. They actually had representatives going to that particular area famous for that particular food, tasting the food and doing surveys to find out the best vendor for that particular street food.


As a result, those who dine at MFS has the chance to eat almost every type of Malaysian food - without having to travel to Malaysia! How awesome is that?


Another special thing about MFS is, needless to say, the ambience. It does feel a bit like eating along a street in KL or Penang.. I love how they design the stalls and buildings and everything. There's even a zebra crossing painted across the floor!


The list of food vendors include: Penang Asam Laksa, Straits of Satay, Ban Chean Kuih, Fung Wong Confectionery, Heun Kee Claypot Chicken Rice, KL Jalan Alor Hokkien Mee, Penang Ah Long Lor Bak, Penang Ah Mei Hokkien Prawn Mee, Penang Hai Beng Hainan Lor Mee, Penang Lim Brothers' Char Koay Teow, Kampung Nasi Lemak, Klang Bak Kut Teh, KL Wanton Mee, Malacca Chicken Rice Ball, Penang Cuttlefish Kang Kong, Roti Canai & Nasi Briyani, Petaling Jaya Dim Sum & Drinks and last but not least, Desserts.


We ordered the Hokkien Mee, Char Koay Teow, Asam Laksa, Satay and Cendol. The Char Koay Teow was the best - truly authentic Penang food - with the Hokkien Mee not far behind. Asam Laksa was average as compared to Balik Pulau's, and the Cendol was so-so. Still acceptable though.

However, the Satay tasted quite terrible. I think it's Malacca Satay, which is a little bit different than the one I like the most - Kajang Satay! RWS should totally replace that stall with a Kajang Satay vendor haha.


The food is reasonably priced too, for example Char Koay Teow (with egg) only costs $5. Well, it IS pricey if you convert to Malaysian Ringgit, but where else can you get such good street food for $5 in Singapore?? And anyway, we each had a $5 coupon so we actually ate for free :D


I didn't get to try all the food, but I believe they should taste quite decent. If I were to study/live in Singapore, I would definitely frequent this place!



The only negative point is that it's extremely hard to find a place to sit, especially during the peak period like school holidays. But I guess that can't be avoided :/


Haha this is so cute! Btw, I actually saw the exact same sign in Penang!


When I'm in Candylicious, I'm in candy heaven!!!!! So... many... colours... of... M&M's... @.@


The candies along the wall are fake. That's just the wallpaper :P


Happy girl is happy. Hehehehe.


No, I wanna kiss you right now ;)



Love the quote "Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate." LOL!



Life size M&M's!!!! Too cute!!!!


Biting off a huuuuuge chunk of chocolate :3



No comments:

Post a Comment