Friday, January 4, 2013

My day!

3rd Novermber, 2012; the day I got #thelittleguy. My early birthday present! (: THANK YOU 


My birthday fell on Friday last year (9 Nov 2012) and my gang of friends planned a surprise gathering for me at Old Town! I thought I was just meeting Mean Shan; she asked whether I'm free to have a quiet dinner with her, just the two of us.

I said, sure of course!! I couldn't wait to catch up with her aka my laughing partner in school (LOL!). I asked how about the rest, are they going? She said they were busy. Little did I know, I saw Kat there as well when I arrived! And then I was thinking, oh okay! No big deal.

Later as I was looking through the menu, Hui Ying and Veronica suddenly appeared in front of me, and they were like, ta-da!!! And I was genuinely shocked and surprised!!!!! :D :D :D So happy I didn't know what to say at first. I think the first thing that came out of my mouth was, eh?! What are you guys doing here?

LOL.

Okay so surprise over (wow I'm so gullible!) and we had a nice dinner together ^^

They even bought cakes from Secret Recipe T____T So touched. From top to bottom: White chocolate macadamia, peach, coffee.









After dinner, I went to Dana's house to pick up my sister from CG. Everyone sang Happy Birthday to me the moment I stepped in! *shy* :x But thanks :D

Went back and opened this package from Veronica. OMGOSH! She specially handmade this 'cake' for me!  So freaking touched la! T_______________T You can tell it isn't easy to fold the papers and all that, and the 'cake' is so colourful and cute and pretty! Hmmmm come to think of it, I think it's the first handmade birthday present ever given to me :D


Thank you Mean Shan, Hui Ying, Veronica, Katherine, not forgetting Yie Kin and Phoi Yih who both unfortunately couldn't make it but they did wish me! ;) And of course thank you to everyone who wished me either through Facebook, Twitter, text and the most special one - giving me a midnight call and singing the birthday song! :') :') :')

On Saturday, I went to Brotzeit, a German beer bar & restaurant in Sunway, for my birthday dinner with my family! I've been wanting to go there since forever but the food there is so expensive!!! So.... what better opportunity to go there for my birthday dinner? Hehehehehe....

Lemon sprite for like, a really ridiculous amount of money.



We ordered the mixed pork platter. Lol so freakishly huge; the serving is for 4-5 people. My favourite is the German sausages and the pork fillet :D


We ordered fries and mashed potatoes for the side dishes.


The German sausages are so juicy and meaty! Yummmmms.



Me and my sakai sister ;p


Yep, so that's it for my 19th birthday!


*Since my teenage years, birthdays are low-keyed to me: no huge celebrations, no exciting parties, no crowd of friends, no cake (sometimes), not many presents... Not as memorable as the ones I had when I was younger. But all the same, I never fail to feel extra special (somehow, haha) on my birthday every year, and when someone wishes me happy birthday - through whatever medium - I would light up from inside and say thank you with genuine appreciation. Well, life still goes on after that right? Nothing really changes, except your age.

No comments:

Post a Comment