Friday, July 26, 2013

This & that / Part 2

I started watching English TV series this year. All this while, I have been chasing Hong Kong dramas only because that's what my friends and I ever talk about :P Haha not really. Well before that I was using the cheapest (and therefore slowest) package of Streamyx so I can forget about downloading movies online. Finally my family decided to switch to Unifi -YAY! I started to live stream HK dramas from this super messy website.

And then, I thought, OK so I'll be starting uni soon, I guess it's time for some English TV series instead (never mind if you don't see the correlation, lol). First show that popped into my mind was Gossip Girl. The series is known for its characters' fashionable style - at least, that's what I always hear. I finished Season 1 before I went into uni, and then didn't have time to continue until my study break *coughs* which is meant for studying and preparing for exams. But I only watched a few episodes then, heheh. 

So during my one-month holiday, I was mostly in front of the computer screen everyday. 


At first I enjoyed the show. And then I didn't enjoy it. Then I enjoyed it again. And then after that, I watched till the end (Season 6) just because of Leighton Meester. Lol. All I can say is, drama and revenge is SO not my thing, but Leighton is so so beautiful and her portrayal of Blair Waldorf is flawless! Other than that, the parties and outfits - Blair's and Serena's - are mostly the reasons why I keep watching (skipped a few parts towards the end though). My favourite couple in the beginning was Dan and Serena, but it gradually became Chuck and Blair :P

Next up, I watched 2 Broke Girls. It's only two seasons, and one episode is about 20 minutes. Perfect for people with short attention spans aka me :D


I love Max and Caroline, Max more because she is so unexpected and oh-so-awesome! The jokes are great and I literally laughed out loud most of the time :D Except for the crude sex jokes, which I think are too much heh.

I watched New Girl, also only two seasons. Then I realised that I've been watching TV shows that end with 'Girl(s)' LOL LOL LOL. Quite funny lah. 


I see why so many people love Zooey Deschanel. The other show in which I saw her act was 500 Days of Summer. She has this sort of quirky charm that is just so appealing. At least, that's what I think of her - and that is also why I love her. One more reason I watch New Girl is because Taylor Swift made a brief appearance in the season finale of Season 2 :P 

Currently, I'm watching Season 4 of How I Met Your Mother. Man, I love it! Now I understand what the hype on HIMYM is all about haha! Barney Stinson is too funny :'D Plus Josh Radnor (Ted) is super duper cute.


I could have finished all eight seasons before next Monday when classes start, but because after Season 2, my player crashed and I had no idea how to fix it, so I had no choice but to re-install it. And the downloading process kept crashing, making me so fed up that I abandoned it for a few days. But I couldn't stand not watching it, plus the promo clip for Season 9 made my heart itch so badly. I tried again, and after many gruesome hours of waiting for the torrent file to load, I managed to continue Season 3! 

HIMYM is the only show (so far) that I watch from torrent files. It's so frustrating because they take quite a while to load D: So if whoever has the complete HIMYM set - actually from Season 4-8 will do - pretty please lend it to me? :P

Oh I also just started watching Triumph in the Skies II! I can't believe TVB waited for 10 years to produce part two. I remember watching part one in primary school! I have forgotten the storyline so I'm not sure if it continues with part two or not. Have only watched until episode six. I think Hong Kong is airing episode eight today if I'm not mistaken. I think I'll continue watching after all 40 episodes come out, so I don't have to wait. Yay for many of my favourite actors (and actress) in this show, namely Fala Chen, Ron Ng and Kenneth Ma!


TVB dramas are always highly influential. I wanted to become a pilot after only six episodes /.\

So other than spending my time in front of the computer screen, I also read a handful of books. Managed to finish Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (after one year) - I used to love reading classics but now I find it so hard to finish a book. Why T.T And the worse part is I only understand about 40% of what the book is saying. I wonder if anyone has the same problem or maybe it's just me, hmm. 

Besides that I read Madeleine Wickham aka Sophie Kinsella's Swimming Pool Sunday, Yann Martel's Life of Pi (SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOD) and Agatha Christie's At Bertram's Hotel. I wanted to watch Life of Pi again after finishing the book but until now I haven't got around to doing it. Lol. I think I can say that it's the second movie I love - after Titanic. One cannot help but to notice the similarities between both movies involving the ocean and a sunken ship. One does wonder if I have started to develop a phobia of the waters. 

Haha I don't know myself. Maybe, maybe not.

Much pondering aside, there are three more days to the start of a new semester. It should be time to mentally prepare myself for the nightmare. One of utmost importance is that I have to stop procrastinating. Seriously. Those endless late night last-minute completion of assignments scared me half dead. Once I went to bed at 4 and woke up at 6 - it was CRAZY. And because of not having enough sleep, I fell sick once a month since starting uni. So here's hoping that I will set my priorities right and finish all my work in time.

I must learn to be a responsible university student (bring on the nerdiness!). 

*Must not procrastinate
*Must go to bed by 11pm every night

No comments:

Post a Comment