Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hello Kitty Town @ Johor Bahru, Malaysia

I went to Johor over the weekend - this was like a random vacation thing. Initially we planned to go during the second week of May, but turned out that it clashed with my dad's company's family day (which was postponed coz of elections). Luckily we delayed this trip coz my assignment deadline got postponed too and that meant I have to rush like crazy before going away for the weekend!

After submitting my TV news assignment on Friday morning, I happily went off :D We reached Johor Bahru around 1pm, and went straight to Hello Kitty Town in Puteri Harbour, Nusajaya. We bought our tickets way earlier during a promotion at The Curve, and one person only costs RM70 (Hello Kitty Town and The Little Big Club) instead of the original RM110.

I thought it was an outdoor theme park but it turned out to be a four-storey indoor theme park -__- First thing that caught my eyes was this! Lat comics, I miss you so much!


Lat's Place is a themed restaurant which is really cute. More on that later ;)


It was really hot that day. (Actually, it's hot everyday...)


Out of the five characters, I remember Barney, Pingu and Bob the Builder the most. Ahahaha.


One thing good about indoor theme parks is that it is air-conditioned :P




So pretty!


Giant Hello Kitty :O :D


Ground floor: Red Bow Cafe and merchandise store


First floor: Hello Kitty Town


This is the first Sanrio Hello Kitty theme park outside of Japan.


There are various walk-through attractions, interactive activities and rides which follow the Hello Kitty theme.


Hello Kitty and Dear Daniel (the guy version of Hello Kitty) were at Dream Photo Garden to take pictures with the public but I missed this chance argh.


While queuing up at Wishful Studio...


It's a place where you can make jewelleries, play dress up, paint your nails and decorate cookies.

This was where I painted my nails a different colour of each! Seriously, they look like M&M's I feel like biting off my nails. Will show you guys a picture of my nails in the next post! They look so cool maybe I shall do this more often haha.


Cookie time! I went in coz I was hungry ahahahaha. Felt so awkward with all these kids around .__. They genuinely wanna decorate them cookie but I just wanna stuff it in my mouth LOL.


The paper plates are sooo cute!


And the reason why I just wanna eat the cookie plain (other than the fact that I was hungry and can't wait to eat it) - BRUSHES. Like, ewww the use of brushes to decorate your cookies?! It seemed disgusting to me coz you know, brushes..? Paint..? Chemicals..? .__.


Next, we went to Kitty house, an iconic Hello Kitty house complete with living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. I really liked this hahaha.




They even have a piano!!!


The chairs look like they have M&M's on it :D





The kitchen omg. "Masak-masak" area :D




So cute lah!


This is even cuter!!! Mentally planning for my dream bathroom in my dream house next time (not with a Hello Kitty bathtub of course hahaha).




Like a princess' bed :D



 There is even a walk-in wardrobe lol.



Another princess-y bed.






One of the key features in Hello Kitty Town is Black Wonder, a hi-tech interactive themed experience.



Inside, we have to look for clues to save Hello Kitty and Dear Daniel. It's actually quite cool, but then we gave up looking for them halfway coz we were lazy/dumb/rushing for time T.T


In one of the rooms.


In the dress up studio!


OMAIGOSH HAHAHAHA.


Live performance at the Purrfect Stage.


Second floor: The Little Big Club


I have no idea why they name it The Little Big Club. Sounds stupid :/







It's like a ballet studio here haha.



Bob the Builder! I love its catchy song :D


Everyone meet Pingu. I liked watching Pingu because of it's ridiculous-ness haha! "Pinguu, Pinguu!"



Wah there's a mini arcade in here! I like :D


Basketball woohoo! But this machine quite lame coz there's only stage one -___-



At Barney's Yard hehe.



I love you, you love me, we're a happy family, with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, won't you say you love me too :')


Third floor: Thomas & Friends


Inside the red bus hehe. I'm the only one who was scared when the bus moved .__. (which is why I cannot take extreme rides)


Emagerdddd the face!


Bumper cars! :D




OMG this is scary. Well, not really as long as I don't look down haha. Honestly it's my first time on this kind of ride o.o Can't imagine if I were to ride the one in Genting Highlands OMG I can cry weih.


Met these two little girls from Cheras; they're sooo adorable!


They're cousins by the way. The shorter one is older by one month if I'm not mistaken. They thought my sister is the older one (coz I'm shorter than her you see, haha) and when they knew that she's 15 and I'm older, they were like "Ohhh, so you're 16 then?"

Hahahahaha laugh die me :'D



On a kiddy train lol.


 Finally we arrived at the merchandise store.




The things here are crazy expensive! Wanted to buy that black colour bag but it's like RM100+ almost close to RM200 T__T


At Lat's Place now! There's a souvenir shop outside the restaurant.


I love the white tote bag!


The entrance to the restaurant. Super cute!





The public can walk-in from 11am to 5pm everyday. We were still allowed to go in at 5.30pm that day, as long as we finish by 6pm coz that's when the dinner show starts.


A mock 'kampung' environment hahaha.



Images from Lat comics were flashing across the screens.



Wah, herbs and spices for decoration!


The la carte lunch menu includes local specialties like fried kway teow, mee goreng 'mamak' style, chicken rendang, snacks like samosa, cucur udang, and desserts like sago gula melaka and bubur pulut hitam.

You can view the menu here: http://www.playtime.com.my/lats-lunch-menu

We ordered fried rice kampung style and sago gula melaka. The fried rice was good, but the sago gula melaka needs improvement. They should add more gula melaka to make it sweeter coz it's almost like eating tasteless sago.


I loooooooove the starfruit juice! Absolutely fresh and refreshing ;D



For the dinner session, it's always showtime! Audiences will have an engaging and interactive animated experience from Lat's storybook, with a story-line driven content revolving around the preparation of a feast and community activities. By the way, advance booking is required for this.

You can view the dinner set menu here: http://www.playtime.com.my/lats-dinner-menu

Very limited choice though and it's RM70 for adults and RM50 for children (from 27th May - 30th June), otherwise it's RM120 for adults and RM75 for children.


The restaurant is separated into different dining rooms with names like Mangga (Mango), Rambutan and Durian. Cute!



On the way out. The place was about to close for the dinner show.


Saw more of these along the exterior of the restaurant. Aiyohhh, seriously it brought back my childhood! :')



I remember this guy HAHAHA.



At the harbour :D





Next post: Legoland!

No comments:

Post a Comment