Tuesday, July 17, 2012

How to do voice-over and be a stand-upper

Switchup.TV (web portal of The Star), organised a voice-over and stand-upper workshop for those interested in video journalism. I decided to give it a go to get some exposure, plus it was free of charge too so why not? :p It was sometime in April, I remember it was a day after my A2 mocks.

I was there quite early, but luckily there were a few participants before me! Was pleasantly surprised to see Krystal, Joyce and Nicola, whom I met during The Big One, a video journalism workshop also organised by Switchup.TV under the Young News Network (YNN).


They provided breakfast (sort of, hehe) - Dunkin' Donuts and chocolate biscuits!!!!! SO GOOOOOOOD. Regretted having my breakfast at home :/ We happily happily munched these while getting to know each other. They were 9 participants altogether. Well, less doesn't mean bad...


After an indroductory session on voice-over by... umm I can't remember her name :x ... We went up to the Switchup.TV's staffroom and got ready for our voice-overs. We were each given a short paragraph and mine was about Michael Schumaker and the F1 team visiting Petrosains in KLCC.

Here's the common area. The door leads to the recording room (which is so cool!!!!!).


I did my voice-over and was pretty satisfied with it after I heard the recording. The lady said I have a nice voice and intonation, hehehehe :p

Then, we proceed to the session about stand-upping, in the same place.


Listening attentively to Zack, who was the one doing the presentation :p


Then... came the practical part. OMG I was really nervous. Each of us had to pretend we're in some place or event, and do a short stand-upping about it in front of the camera :O


Anyway... I talked about being at Simple Plan's concert XD Kinda satisfied with how I performed, mainly because I didn't stutter and therefore I only did it one time :p Here's a fellow participant in action.


This is the recording room. That's Zack!


After that it was the end of the workshop. Group photo of all of us! :D I really enjoyed myself during the workshop, because I had a hands-on experience which was really fun! Hope university is like that too :p




No comments:

Post a Comment