Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Belum Rainforest Resort #4 - Rafflesia sighting

It was another half an hour or so to reach the rafflesia place... Took a few pictures to cure my boredom during the looooong boat ride :p The scenery is not bad anyway!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We are going under the bridge :) *London bridge is falling down..*

Photobucket

Photobucket

Reached :D

Photobucket

Here we are on the floating jetty. The Rafflesias are all up on the hill, so we (or rather, I) had no choice but to climb :/ I dislike climbing very much.. my phobia of climbing is very much reinforced by the constant thought of me slipping and rolling down the hill. Sigh :(

Photobucket

We were very very unlucky because the Rafflesias have not bloom during the period that we were there. The next blooming season only starts right after our scheduled time to leave Belum. ASDFGHJKL! So we only got to see the bud.
Photobucket

Yup, used up so much energy to climb so high just to see the BUDS! How sad. Hmm but look on the bright side.. at least I know how a Rafflesia bud looks like now lol. They grow on trees!

Photobucket

Like parasites :x ...Wait, I think they're parasites right? I remember somewhere... okay never mind. Correct me if I'm wrong :p

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the way down, I spotted a deadly mushroom. Poisonoussssss.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment