Friday, June 22, 2012

Belum Rainforest Resort #2 - Exploring Belum

After unpacking our luggage and having a short rest & relax session, my dad drove us around the island to LOOK FOR FOOD.

We didn't wanna go too far as everyone was starving already, so we only went to the nearest area which only had leftover mamak food :(

Anyways, after filling our stomachs and feeling somewhat contented, we went up to one of the boathouses and looked around. Lodgings are provided for tourists who are interested in experiencing life on a boathouse.

Photobucket

DA LAKE :p

Photobucket

That's the bridge that links the mainland to Pulau Banding.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went further up... to some inn on top of a hill. The back of the inn was overlooking this part of the lake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Later we came back to the resort and went to the back of to this sort of hidden jetty :D Can't wait to take a tour on the boat!

Photobucket

Photobucket

A huuuuuge boathouse was there and we sneaked up!

Photobucket

Haha I have no idea why were there CNY cookies inside.. probably for the passengers o_O

Photobucket

Gosh the activities seem so interesting! Kayak, board games, BBQ dinner, karaoke :D :D

Photobucket

Jewels on the lake! Loveee.

Photobucket

Let's go up and take a look!

Photobucket

Yes, they have bean bags inside! Freaking bean bags and so many fluffy pillows.

Photobucket

Went right up to the top.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bamboo rafting.. which we tried on the last day :D

Photobucket

Love this picture of the sunset!

Photobucket

Wooooooh dinner time!

Photobucket

We sat outdoors. It's waaaaay better than sitting indoors, coz you get to enjoy the fresh air and amazing view :) Oh I absolutely love the food, and I lost count of how many cups of Lipton Tea have I drank there.
Photobucket

Cendol for dessert. Mmhm, it was weird.

Photobucket

Saw a bright lit crescent and a lone star.. lol.

Photobucket

Heading back :)

Photobucket

After resting a while, we got ready for the night jungle-trekking which started at 9pm. I didn't bring my camera with me so no pictures, unfortunately.

Anyway, the jungle was behind the resort so we only need to walk there. I saw a huge-ass spider web between some tree branches and a huge-ass spider resting on it. Yup, like really really huge-ass! Only regretted not having my camera with me to capture that, as I believe it would make a pretty awesome picture of a spider and its shiny web. 


(Although I have a phobia of cobwebs and spiders..)


Other than that, I saw other pretty interesting jungle stuff while listening to the explanations of our guide. Well, I am not a fan of jungle-trekking, what more during the NIGHT, so my experience of it was not really enjoyable.. heh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment