Thursday, June 21, 2012

Belum Rainforest Resort #1 - Settling down

My family and I decided to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and go to Belum during CNY. Of course, we went there after doing the traditional visiting rounds in Penang and Alor Setar.


Belum Rainforest Resort is situated in Pulau Banding in the state of Perak, at the border of Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. It is developed by Emkay, which explained that big 'Emkay' board up there.

Photobucket

It's a very cooling place as it is located at a hilly area. Perfect place to relax and have a peace of mind.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Love the architectural design of the resort :D After checking in and while my parents were resting in their rooms, I went around taking pictures of the place.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At the counter.

Photobucket

Common area for the resort guests to chill or hang out.

Photobucket

The dining area; very open and spacious.

Photobucket

There are tables and chairs outside too, for guests who prefer to dine outdoors.

Photobucket

The way to the rooms.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More rooms upstairs!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I loooooooove the rooms a lot! Initially, I didn't have high hopes for fear of getting disappointed. However, I had a pleasant surprise after stepping into our rooms :D

My parents had one room..

Photobucket

Photobucket

There's a door connecting their room to the room I shared with my sister, so it's super convenient.

Photobucket

Comfy beds with fluffy comforters and pillows :D

Photobucket

There's an extra bed right next to the window in every room.

Photobucket

The washroom.. like a 5-star hotel's :p

Photobucket

The only thing I dislike is the shower head that was directly on top. It's not really nice to have water splashing right above your head :/ So I used the other alternative which is that long thing shaped like a baton.

Initially I had no idea how to work that thing. Lol :@

Photobucket

There's a compartment to put your clothes/towels, which has doors at both sides that open to the washroom and the room. The people behind these are geniuses because they make things so convenient!

Photobucket

Walked around and explored the gardens.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some wild berries :D

Photobucket

To tell you the truth, I fell in love with the place at first sight. Wonderful local holiday destination for those seeking a break. More pictures and activities in the next post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment