Saturday, November 12, 2011

An afternoon with Juwita & Busco!

After sitting for two papers (Maths 6 and Econs 1) on the last day of October and knowing that I screwed up both papers terribly, I choose to forget about the whole misery. Because - as cliched as it may sound - it's no use crying over spilt milk.

And I was looking forward to Saturday, where Juwita Suwito and Busco will be performing in Full Gospel Assembly KL! I brought my gang of besties with the exception of Veronica cos she couldn't come :( And it was a blast!

I fetched all my friends in my very small car, and the weather was perfect for me to drive without much worry. Praise the Lord, because the sky pours heavily practically every afternoon.

We had lunch at the kopitiam just next to my church, and both my friends weren't too satisfied with the homemade soya and cincau there...

Photobucket

The concert was due to start at 1.30pm, but it was around 2pm when we were finally being led into the main sanctuary. :/ Counters outside were selling Juwita and Busco's album/EP and tickets too!

Photobucket

The main sanctuary entrance.

Photobucket

Fuhhhhh it was so packed. :)

Photobucket

After settling ourselves comfortably in the front seats........

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wheee excitement!

Juwita performed at YC before and she's seriously a good singer. It was quite an intimate performance at YC and I was blown away :O And hmm I've heard of Busco before - they rocked out during Rockaway Fest just weeks before, but I didn't go to the fest :) And I didn't really know much about them then. Hehe!

Photobucket

Here's Anand welcoming the visitors and doing the introduction.

Photobucket

AND IT WAS TIME FOR BUSCO!!!!!!!!

This is Sam - frontman/lead singer of Busco. Ahhhhh he's cute. In my opinion, he's the best looking guy in the band! :P

Photobucket

Busco got everyone hyped up - well, at least everyone standing at the front! OMAIGOSH I was sooo close to them :)) Their music was reeaaaallllyyy LOUD it kinda drowned out Sam's voice most of the time. It's good to know that a Christian indie rock band is making their mark in the local music scene. Hope they go international some day!!!! :D

To those of you who have no idea who they are, I think you might have seen Busco in the TM/Unifi commercial, with their song "R U Ready?" playing as the background music. That's my favourite song XD

They performed a few songs, including "Hold Your Horses". I was not familiar with the songs they sang, and I was waiting for "R U Ready?" only! Thankfully, that was the encore yeayy :)

Time flies super fast when you're having fun, and next up is Juwita Suwito. The hyped up feeling died down, and everyone was waiting for Juwita to appear. She finally came on stage and belted out a few soulful songs. It's so easy to fall in love with her voice!

Photobucket

Other than singing songs which she wrote, she also sang "Stitch by Stitch", which was originally sang by the winner of The Voice. Me likey! :D

So after all the singing and stuff, Pastor Rose came on stage and talked about the art of listening. What's the use of communication if nobody's listening at all? Hmm.. something to ponder about.

Photobucket

After the service, we walked out and smelt the fragrant satay smell. Mmmmhmm! *hungry* Oh but first!! Have to go meet Busco!!!!!! Okay well yeah I fell in love with the band (and *cough* Sam) after the concert. Note of warning: Don't jump to conclusions that local bands aren't good enough - listen to their music first!

  Photobucket

My gang and their gang! But Eugene was missing! Arghhh where did he go :( Take two yeahhh!

Photobucket

Oh and erm, originally I wanted to take a pic with Sam only..
*gathers courage* , *taps Sam's shoulder* , "Hi, can I take a picture with you?" :)
"Oh! Yeah yeah hey come come take picture!"
*the other members came*
*ka-chak* "Hey take another one!" *ka-cha*
"Okay, thank youuuu!" *beams*

Hmm... I haven't take an individual pic with Sam yet! Wait, I'll buy their EP (it's for my friend actually) and their exclusive guitar pick (!!!!!!). Suddenly I got a brilliant idea - I'll let them sign my guitar pick (and also the EP lah) ! YESSSS.

I also wanted Sam's signature only - on the pick. LOL.

"Hi, can you sign this for me?"
*takes the EP and pick* "Oh sure, hi what's your name?" *extends hand*
*shakes it* "Hi! I'm Phyllis!* :DD
"Phyllis, nice to meet you!" :)
*signs EP and pick and passes it around*
"Thank you. Thank you!" :)

Few minutes later... *gathers up courage again* OMG this is embarassing...
"Hi, can I take a picture with you again? I'm so sorry..."
He must think I'm this annoying fangirl haha! But anyway...
"Hey! Yea sure!" :)

And... there you go!!!!!

Photobucket

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I CAN'T STOP SMILING. Oh notice that we have matching shirts :D

Ahhhhhh I'm still not over it :D And yes, I know he has a girlfriend already geez. But I'm still allowed to support him (and his band) right! :P

Okay, time for makan makan! The satays were so darn mouth-watering. And we were allowed to take as many sticks as we want without waiting for it!!!!!! Gosh it's just too awesome. Of course, there were other food as well, just not as delicious XD

Photobucket

Photobucket

We left earlier as I have to fetch my friends back and rush for theory class :( Geez if it wasn't for theory class, I would have stayed longer and stalk Sam.

Okay lah, I'm not that creepy... *cough*

Busco's EP "in search of"! I think it's a really nice title :) Unfortunately, it's for my friend so I can't keep it. I really wanna go to their EP launch! (and hopefully get their EP and signatures for myself, teehee)

Photobucket

MY GUITAR PICK!!!!!!!!!! Yep.. all five signatures :) Actually I wanted to ask them to sign at the back of it since it was fully plain, but they were too fast -_- See, it looks imbalance lol..

Photobucket

BUSCO BUSCO BUSCO. ♥

Oh and sadly, Juwita was inside practising for the evening service, otherwise I would have taken a picture with her and get her autograph as well!!!!

Till next time, Busco.

2 comments:

  1. love. hahaha. you and sam...too bad he has a girlfriend, just too bad. not annoying larr, just cute XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. too bad right? :p aiyahh anyway, he's too old for me lah XD

    ReplyDelete