Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bookfest at KLCC & Jogoya :D

On National Day (and also the second day of Raya), I met up with my Ji Muis and we went to KLCC (: Well, we wanted to go to the KL Bookfest which was held at KL Convention Centre during the week-long holiday, other than hanging out with each other :D

I drove Mean Shan, Hui Ying and Phoi Yih to Sri Petaling LRT station (teehee!) and we began our journey!

Changed trains at Masjid Jamek. I love this photo lah (:

Photobucket

OMG the station was sooooooo crowded! Oh well, it's a public holiday after all. But I never thought it would be this bad! The first train was too full of passengers so waited for the next train. The worst part is, people were squeezing with all their might in hopes of getting into the train - one nearly got squashed between the automatic doors.

The next train came and thankfully, we managed to squeeze in. It was overloaded but still people were pushing and pushing, until I heard someone said "Enough, enough!". Ughhh so scary! Where is the courtesy and politeness of Malaysians T_T

We finally reach KLCC station, after - getting all sweaty and nearly suffocating - for a few stops. Met Yie Kin there, and we walked around to find something to eat. We couldn't decide yet, so we went to the cinema to see if there were any movies available.

Sadly, Cars 2 wasn't showing at a suitable time. The others wanted to watch Final Destination 5 but Mean Shan and I weren't interested. I dislike watching horror movies. Luckily too, because Yie Kin was saying that the movie is almost as horrible as The Sanctum. Gosh that is one nightmare, a regret, and from then on I will never watch 18-rated movies again -.- (and I'm not even 18 yet LOL)

Mean Shan got some cookies from Bisou bake shop. I love the shop!

Photobucket

Sooo many delicious-looking cupcakes and cookies and cakes.

Photobucket

We ate McDonald's (after much consideration -.-) and the rest left in a hurry to catch the movie, leaving Mean Shan and I with lots and lots of fries. Oh well, I love fries ;) After that we walked around seeing stuff. Mean Shan said she wanted to eat ice-cream so I suggested...

...this place!

Photobucket

I saw the pictures of the ice-creams and they all look soooo inviting! They have a whole lot of yummy flavours to choose from, we didn't know which to choose!

In the end we ordered chocolate ice-cream, my favourite flavour :D IT IS SO YUMMEH! It's full with chocolate chips, small chunks of brownies, and rich chocolate syrup! So creamyyyy~

Photobucket

After that, we had a hard time meeting up with the others. The whole KLCC was practically packed with people :/ Finally, they found their way to us :D And we camwhored for a bit at the lake.

Then we made our way to the convention centre.

Photobucket

Arrived at 3 something, and we were hoping that Nicholas Teo will still be there!

Photobucket

And we managed to catch him at Hall 2 ;) I'm not a big big fan of him, but yeah I like him.

Photobucket

He's kinda cute and he's soft-spoken heehee. He looks like a real gentleman lah :P Here he is with host Cheryl Lee.

Photobucket

Then we went on our separate ways, spreading in each direction. I immediately went to the English section, and literally grab every book off the shelves. Hahah kidding but yeah, I can't stop myself from taking so many books! There's Jodi Picoult, Cecelia Ahern, Sophie Kinsella, Agatha Christie, Nicholas Sparks and some classics like Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre and Tale of Two Cities.

I'm quite the bookwor- wait no, bookaholic sounds better! :P

I would buy a few more actually, but *cough* I still have some self-control lah. I mean, I sat down at one corner and calculate how much were all the books and I got a shock. In the end, I parted unbearably with some John Grisham novels :(

I did spend quite a huge amount of money actually, and it's quite frightening. If I could spend this much on books, I wonder how much more would I spend on clothes/accessories lol.

At about 5pm, I met up with my family and we head down to Jogoya for buffet! Wheeee so excited :D

Omgosh, memories coming back :'( Of the time David Archuleta was here signing for the fans!

Photobucket

I last came here during the World Milk Day celebration last year where I represented the Girl Guides' in my school for the event. And this was where I took a picture with Amber Chia also! :P

Photobucket

Ahhh haven't got the chance to go in there yet! Must go there! Oh and I heard they have a sale.. whether going on or not yet I'm not sure... :/

Photobucket

Inside Starhill Gallery which is inside JW Mariott Hotel. (Did you know Starhill is a direct translation of Bukit Bintang? I just realised this last week, #fail)

Photobucket

So cool weih, with so many different tea flavours xD

Photobucket

We went and explore the place before heading to Jogoya. The lanterns are so pretty!

Photobucket

Beautiful lights.

Photobucket

Another cool thing. "Pillar" made out of glass bottles glued together. Now this is called "Go Green" :P

Photobucket

Okay we admit, we got lost (lol) and after getting directions from the receptionist, we head up to the 4th floor, which is known as the Relish floor. Each floor has different, elegant names and I'm like wow. Relish.

Photobucket

The buffet's RM110 nett per person (for children, if they are below certain height they can eat for free). For lunch and supper (they even have supper! O.O) it's cheaper, which is RM98 nett.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The waitress led us to our assigned table. It's 5 something and it's so empty in this section. Dinner time is from 5pm - 9.30pm.

Photobucket

Went around taking pictures of everything (first!). They have sooo many choices of food! Mostly Japanese food, and there are also seafood and Western food. Enjoy the pictures!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some of the food we ate lol.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh do you see the fish on the right with big white eyes? That's called Ice Fish and it looks really weird and abnormal. But surprisingly the meat tastes nice! I don't know how to describe it but the meat's not that soft like ordinary fish meat. It's just different.

Photobucket

Crispy salmon skin with mayonnaise :D
Photobucket

Oh I love this. It's Lala in warm herbal soup. Naise!

Photobucket

My whole face literally lit up when I saw this - Haagen Dazs!!!!! Next to it is DIY Ice Kacang xD

Photobucket

Coffee and Tiramisu flavour :D

Photobucket

HOMAIGOSHHHHH I LOVE THIS PLACE. Been wanting to try one of those, but never got a chance. Wahahahahaha I ate a lot of marshmallows :P

Photobucket

Marshmallows are pretty and colourful. Hmm how good if they were to have strawberries too. Oh heaven.

Photobucket

Gloriously glorious.

Photobucket

Just opposite Haagen Dazs, there's New Zealand Natural too! Omnomnom.

Photobucket

Rum and Raisin plus Hokey Pokey on a crispy wafer :D

Photobucket

There are so many different types of cakes and kuihs and puddings too!

Photobucket

Not to forget cookies...

Photobucket

Green tea pudding.

Photobucket

Snail coated with baked cheese. Mom kept asking me to try T_T Oh well, I love trying different things, and I gave in because of the cheese too. Errrrr still, really not my thing haha.

Photobucket

It's around 7pm and it's fuuuuuuuuull house XD

Photobucket

Rested for a while, cuz I was quite full already. And yet I haven't stuff myself enough! :P

Photobucket

A tip: DO NOT EVER take cakes and desserts cuz they're not worth the money and they easily make you full. Not that I ate them lah =__= Btw, that's red wine.

Photobucket

They have macaroons! But my delight evaporated instantly when I saw the "For Sale" sign. Whyyyyy can't they give it out for free?? Okay not free but you know what I mean. It sucks to have to pay extra for them, otherwise I would have "sapu-ed" them all :P

Photobucket

Japanese Mochi!

Photobucket

Hahah ;) The bigger one is the Black Sesame Mochi, I quite like it!

Photobucket

Errrrr, last helping? Parents said, "Take more oyster! One oyster is so expensive, if you eat about 10, it will totally be so worth it" Errrrrrr..... =.=" I felt like puking when I ate the oyster, even if there's lemon juice on it! :(

Photobucket

We finally got out of Jogoya, and it was almost 10pm by the time we came out. Surprisingly, they didn't ask us to leave at 9.30pm :D We should have just stayed all the way into supper :P

Photobucket

We heard some jazzy music, and we made our way here. Cool stuff.

Photobucket

Giant statues! :P

Photobucket

Two words alone which bring elegance, class and expensive to mind. And I'm in the middle :)

Photobucket

The interior design of JW Mariott looks so British, so posh. Like the Victorian era. I love!

Photobucket

Cool beans leh!

Photobucket

So, that's all for the Jogoya experience! I know I won't be going there for sometime lol. But for those who love Japanese food and all kinds of seafood (think oysters, snails, escargots and all those yucky things - no offence), it's a good place to eat and just chill out with friends or family!

For the money, I think it's quite the market price for a buffet. And Jogoya isn't just your normal ordinary buffet what with food ranging from this end to that end. Furthermore, it's located right smack in the middle of Bukit Bintang - the most happening place in the country! What more can you expect? ;)

2 comments: