Thursday, February 11, 2010

My first story :D

An original story entirely composed by the blogger. Copyrights reserved. This piece of story is solely for your entertainment.

I was 17. I was 17 when I left this world.


It all happened when I got caught by some outside forces that failed under my control. Me and other people who happened to be so lucky were lying on a piece of metal board, rolling and rolling. When we reached the edge, our memories of being caught were entirely wiped out from our mind. We couldn't remember anything, except falling and falling into the deep, yawning abyss below. Oddly, the abyss was startlingly white and not dark, like how every other abyss were.


Eight years later.


I came back into my world by some miracle, the world where I belong. But strangely, being in this world for 17 years and returning after 8 years, this world doesn't seem familiar to me anymore. It was all so creepy. I realized that I don't belong in this world anymore. The world doesn't welcome traitors.


But I am not a traitor! The whole thing was all out of my control; I couldn't stop it. I wander around aimlessly. No, my mind is wandering, but my body is all slouched up against a wall. I am in a dark, narrow corridor, with a door at the end. Ivan. Is that him? Yes, it's him! Ivan! And... and another guy. He's... he seems to be Ivan's good friend. They turned around and saw me. They stretched out their hands to help me up.


I disappear.


I saw familiar faces again. Trinity. Eugene. Bryan. Wow. All grown up. They're teenagers. So pretty; so handsome. They were all having fun. I walked towards them, and they noticed me. They said hi; smiled at me. I smiled back. I tried to include myself in their little activity. But... but who are they? I haven't been around for 8 years, and I haven't a single clue about what they have been doing all this time, what were they up to recently. 8 years... it's like infinity. They're strangers to me.


I realized that... I came to not know them. It's a nightmare. A horrible nightmare. Someone, please tell me that it's just a nightmare and I would wake up any moment and everything would disappear. I wait. And wait, and wait. But nothing happens.


I suddenly remember my lover. The lover I had when I was 17. Where is he? I began searching around frantically for him. Please, don't let him be gone. I miss him. Where is he? He's not married already, is he? Ohhh, I'm getting more and more terrified! If I can't find him, what would happen to me? At 25, with no boyfriend whatsoever, and no male acquaintances that I would maybe have a chance with, what would happen to me?


It would take a long time before I get to know all these people here on earth again. My hope of getting hitched before or at 25 were evaporating. With my lover gone, there's absolutely no hope. I'm all alone in this world. People who were once my close friends were nowhere to be found. They're gone; everybody's gone. My heart is beating wildly in my chest. Noooooooooo~!

I wake up. I keep my eyes closed. I don't want to face this terrible world. I'm trying so hard to push this reality away, but it kept forcing its way through. I'm 25. Twenty-five. So what happnes now? I wish I could just sleep forever and ever and not face the harsh reality.


I woke up. What? It was only a dream!? Oh. My. God. Relief floods through me like tsunami and all of a sudden I was crying. I kept thanking God. Thanking God that everything wasn't real; it was all just a scary nightmare. I clutched the end of the blankets and doze off to sleep, while the tears dried on my cheeks and around my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment