Sunday, February 17, 2013

"Peaceful Town"

On the way back to KL, we stopped by Taiping, Perak. It was my first time here! :P

We stayed at the Taiping Golf Resort for one night. Took this picture while we had the buffet breakfast at 7am...


Must be crazy early if the moon is still visible lol.







After breakfast, we went up to Maxwell Hill or Bukit Larut.


The road up the hill is so steep that only the modified jeeps are able to traverse through the forest. The duration is about 40 minutes one way, depending on the speed of each individual driver. The 180 degree turns every once in a while made the ride even more exciting!! Lol. Along the way, hikers can be spotted making their way up and down the hill.


 We got down at 3/4 of the journey.


The work on this bridge wasn't completed when we were there (end of December 2012) but I think it should be done by now. The view is amazing from up there!





Quite scary to walk on the unfinished bridge actually lol. Gave me the goosebumps :/


 Love how the sun shines through the trees!


It's like a mini playground here, with swings and a slide :P



Happy girl is happy ;P



I'm on top of the world!!! ...Sort of.


Random shots.




After quite a distance of walking, we finally reached the top of Maxwell Hill!



Going higher and higher still.


Some wildflowers by the roadside.




Unfortunately, my lens cannot zoom very far so this was the best that I can get. And it's even after I crop the picture lol.



OMG I must have this fencing for my house next time lol.



Yes! My first decent picture of a cobweb! There's still room for improvements though haha. Pretty ironic how someone who has a phobia of cobwebs wants to shoot pretty pictures of cobwebs...


:D !





Wah, rolling clouds in the background :P


After about an hour or so at the top, we hopped back onto the jeep.


On the way back haha.


We went to Lake Gardens in the early afternoon, when the sun was shining brightly. It was very hot so we didn't stay for long; just to take some pretty pictures :P




I really love the branches! So unique and interesting.


I wanted to sit on the branches but the moment I used my hands to support my weight, the whole thing swayed :O Umm, well, I thought it was sturdy. So I didn't dare sit on it in the end lol.




A monkey was spotted!


More branches.



More posing.




Well, the only thing that I miss about Taiping is definitely the Lake Gardens. It's so cool to get to exercise there every morning!

1 comment: