Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gathering with friends :)

Watching 'You are the Apple of My Eye' was kind of a trend among my circle of friends, and most of them were anticipating the movie. I wanted to catch it on the first day, but due to some circumstances I was only able to watch it after the first week. Oh well, at least I watched it right! (But later someone uploaded the whole movie on Youtube =.=)

I was so eager to watch the movie at Sunway Pyramid and I was freaking bored at home. So I didn't wanna wait for the rest of my friends (hehe) to make an appointment on another day.. but Hui Ying was available at that time so we watched together :p

After buying our tickets, we went to Pasta Zanmai (just opposite Chatime) for lunch. The individual meals are quite expensive, and they are around the same price as the sets. So obviously we decided to go for the set as it is a much better option considering the price.

The environment is wonderful, and they have an open kitchen where customers are treated to the chefs' cooking and preparation. Moreover, we will be comforted by the fact that their kitchen is hygiene :)

Photobucket

Sumptuous-looking posters of food decorated the walls. The lighting provided a cosy ambience, where customers can take their time to enjoy their meals.

Photobucket

I can't remember exactly the name of dishes in the set we ordered.. But this is rice with chicken cutlets topped with half-boiled egg. The flowing yolk provides a substitution for gravy, to prevent the rice from getting too dry.

Photobucket

This is Lala Noodles. It is just ordinary noodles with a few lalas added into it. The warm soup is definitely perfect for washing down the noodles. Lala lovers (like me) will love this.

Photobucket

For dessert, we ordered Green Tea Macha Crepe (or something like that). It's a little bit pricey, but once you put a scoop into your mouth, everything is worth it. It's best not to eat all the ingredients separately as you will not get to taste a mix of everything. This is definitely a must-try! :)

Photobucket

Overall, Pasta Zanmai is a good place to go if you'd like something different. They have Japanese food (duh it's a Japanese restaurant), Chinese food.. which I think will suit everyone's tastes. After settling the bill, we rushed to the cinema for fear of arriving late for the movie. (Yes, we were enjoying our lunch that much!)

To those who have no inkling of the movie 'You are the Apple of My Eye'.. well basically it's a mandarin show based on a novel by Giddens. The storyline is actually Giddens' real love life but not everything in the movie is similar to the novel. I love the story and also the movie because it is not your typical romance movie. It shows us the harshness of love in real life, which do not neccessarily have happy endings all the time.

The ending was sad because the girl didn't get together with him after all but chose to marry another guy instead. So 8 years of courting wasted just like that. But in the end, the boy realised that true love means seeing the love of your life be happy - and that's all that matters. Although I'm sure everyone would want the boy and the girl to be together lah...

While waiting for my mom to fetch us home, we went to the main concourse of Sunway Pyramid to look at the Christmas decorations! I'm definitely in a Christmas-sy mood right now :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next day, I met up with (most of) my gang for dinner and Snowflake :D Snowflake recently opened a new outlet in IOI Boulevard, Puchong which is just yay yay yay and more yay! They had an opening ceremony just last week with a Buy 1 Free 1 promotion for their bestseller. Unfortunately, I was stuck at home packing for the trip to Penang :(

Anyway, we went to Snowflake right after our dinner. We were obviously quite full but still we ordered 5 bowls of Snowflake! Which is basically one bowl per person.. (But we shared out to try different flavours :p)

Photobucket

Looks very mouth-watering eh? ;)
Photobucket

My favourite is the Taro Series.. I absolutely loveeee the taro balls; so QQ which is just perfect for chewing! Mom tried to imitate their taro balls but failed miserably (expected) and she had to throw them out because none of us wanted to eat. x)

Photobucket

P.S. I'm currently in Penang basking in glorious food and will be back tomorrow. I'm movie-deprived so I'm going for a movie marathon tomorrow and Tuesday before I fly off to Singapore. Who's with me? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment