Friday, July 15, 2011

Japanese singing

On a particular weekday (Thursday 14/7) - which means busy, busy, busy for me - my dad wanted to watch this Japanese traditional folk song thingy (he has a tendency to get attracted to all things Japanese -.-)... which means my whole family got to tag along.

It was held at MBPJ Hall, in Petaling Jaya.

Photobucket

My first time being here. But according to my mom, I have been here before for my kindergarten concert. Like ages ago haha. So no memories of it :P

Photobucket

Inside Dewan Banquet.

Photobucket

The room is so yellowish. xD

Photobucket

So the song by Shigeri Kitsu is called Melody of Four Seasons. It's about the four seasons in Japan - spring, summer, autumn, winter.

Photobucket

First, there was a cultural dance. It was not bad. Their movements were so in tune with the music and with their flowing costumes, it actually almost made me feel like flying. Seriously! It was pretty relaxing.

Photobucket

Then there was a drum performance. Meh.

Photobucket

And finally, she came on stage. They said no taking photos unless you have permission so I secretly took this photo. That's why it came out so blur :/

Photobucket

Little did I know her singing was almost like the Chinese opera singing. You know, where they sing in draggy sentences with high-pitch voices. Ughh *goosebumps*

So it was not really my thing, as she was singing in Japanese and I couldn't understand a thing. And I didn't really appreciate the music. Heehee.

This was the encore with the previous performers accompanying her.

Photobucket

It was so amusing to hear her talk fully in Japanese. There was a translator, of course.

Photobucket

It was such a coincidence because that day was her birthday! It was her last show in Malaysia too. So the organisers gave her a surprise - the audience were singing 'Happy Birthday' much to her amazement :P when they brought out the cake!

Photobucket

She must be so touched by us warm and friendly Malaysians :P

Photobucket

The show finished at around 10pm, so tired *yawns*.

2 comments:

  1. sweet la..going all around places! im going for driving license soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.. it's nothing compared to your parents' trip lah xD they brought home lotsa snacks to keep you contented righttt ;)

    wooo really? but why wait until so late!? which centre are you going?

    ReplyDelete