Sunday, April 3, 2011

Japanese food and ice-cream :D

I finally got back my baby phone today, after weeks and weeks of separation - the reason cuz I can't hear the dialling tone and the person speaking on the other line. Soo, collected it just now at the Sony Ericsson centre in Mid Valley after church. Just a few doors away, there's this Japanese restaurant.




They were selling Hokkaido ice-cream next door.



I really love the wine sherbet - my dad and I tried it the other day when we sent the phone for repair - so, we decided to go again, this time with my mom and sis.

Regarding the recent nuclear meltdown in Japan... well, we ain't that worried about the radiation...



Just infront of the sitting area was Shojikiya, a shop that sells Japanese snacks, drinks, ice-cream etc.



There were a variety of flavours (of ice-cream) for you to choose, among the special ones are Black Sesame, Salt Caramel, Japanese Strawberry etc. Testing is available, so try before taking your pick.



During the previous visit, I tried Muscat Wine Sherbet and Green Tea. This time, I (again)ordered the Muscat Wine Sherbet but mix with Hokkaido Melon. Double scoop - RM6.80.

The wine sherbet doesn't really contain wine, just a tinge of grape flavour. And with the amazing way sherbets melt in your mouth, you'd think that you're consuming grape-flavoured wine :)

The taste of the melon flavoured ice-cream is a bit too strong, so if you eat it first followed by the wine sherbet, you'd realised that the wine sherbet flavour is a tad dull.

After our dessert, we decided to give the Japanese restaurant a try. It was after all, lunch hour. We went inside, and they told us that they'll put the dessert bill and our lunch bill together.

The first thing I notice: They serve hand towel instead of tissue paper.

What a great idea! This way, the usage of tissue papers can be cut down. Hmm, very environmental-friendly.




The green tea is free of charcge. And they give you refills too. The interior of the restaurant. Bamboo sticks for each (private) compartment.



You'd think that not many people will dare to consume Japanese food after the Japan tragedy, but...... think again! The place was filled to the brim! The late-comers even had to queue outside.



Brick walls gives you a twist of traditional feel.


I look weird here. I smile weird.





This is scallop ramen. The scallops were really big (at least bigger than what I usually see) and mmhm, nice to chew. Perfect combination with the noodles.




Next up is... fried angler fish. Wow I didn't expect it to taste SO GOOD. Together with a few drops of lemon and some tartar sauce, it's so heavenly when I bite into the juicy flesh.


Fried salmon skin. Dripped with a kind of sweet sauce. It's like keropok, or the crispy fish crackers. So, except that it's salmon, there's nothing special about this dish.



Fried squid tentacles. Squid-lovers will love it (like me!). Again, add lemon and tartar and it will taste really good. Crispy on the outside, squishy on the inside.


Lamb chop. I will probably say that it's the worst among all. I expected it to taste better. First, there's a whole huge strip of fat on one piece of lamb so the whole piece was only a small chunk of meat.

Second, the chefs didn't extinguish the sort of disturbing smell that lambs have... so it's a big no-no. Even for lamb-lovers like me! Sad case, I was so disappointed.


Oh well, I guess I learnt my lesson. Never order lamb in a Japanese restaurant.

So, that's all for lunch. Altogether cost about RM85+, and... I am the generous one who treat my parents and sis to the wonderful feast -.-

Yea well, cuz I got some reward for good results, soo yeah :)

Oh and, I didn't realised until dinner time that they didn't include the dessert bill together! So, the ice-cream was counted as complimentary. Omg awesome :D

No comments:

Post a Comment