Friday, May 20, 2011

Little Pantry in IOI

Okay so it was probably a month ago.. my mom and I went to this cute PINK cafe o_O in IOI Mall, Puchong. I love diners with interiors that are oh-so-gorgeous but not everything splashed in pink. Well, anyway.

It's called Little Pantry.


This is a separate compartment for dining. It's like a small little house! With traditional English designs :)



Mom ordered the set meal, which is actually quite worth it. It came with a Soup of the Day - on that day it was tomato soup. The tomato flavour came out quite strong, not what I expected (plain, no-tomato-taste-at-all soup). Really delicious! It warms your stomach without filling it too much.

(I know the feeling when you drink one whole bowl of Pizza Hut's mushroom soup and then you still have the pizza.)



And a... umm forgot what's it called. But it's fish. The cheese cream and the sweet special sauce blends in well with the soft and juicy meat. Yummy, it's the first time that I like fish, cooked western styled.

I don't quite prefer fish and chips.


And guess what I ordered.

Double cheese pasta. Kids' meal. Zzz =.="



I didn't realised it was in the kids menu until I saw how small is the plate. And it's a really small portion - yes perfect for kids =.= What a dumb choice I made.

The first mouth and I was like, ewww no way. The cream is very very thick (okay fine it's "double cheese") which made me want to vomit after a few mouths. I didn't know it was like the white cream sauce spaghetti, double the cream.

I had a perfectly opposite expectation of "double cheese".

The menu made me feel cheated. So please, next time take a closer look at the menu before ordering.

Although I can't exchange for another meal, the waitress was quite nice to us. She kept asking us how was the food, if I want to order a different one etc. I think their service is not bad.

To comfort my unsettling stomach, I went around and took photos of the interior.



Yes, even the waitress' uniform is in PINK. They make it look like an anime cosplay or something. I would die if I'm seen in that uniform.


Dessert: fruit cake with nuts. The verdict: Nah.. not really nice. Plus I was already so bloated, how to enjoy??












The back part of the cafe.











The dining area right smack in the middle. The entrance is in the background, with yellow balloons around it.

(Aargh ignore my finger)


The table setting just in front, right after you walk in the entrance.








P/S: Photos were taken with a phone camera that explains the poor quality; I forgot to bring my compact :/

No comments:

Post a Comment