Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sister's birthday :)

It was my sister's birthday on April 27th. So my dad bought her a (small) birthday cake.

Photobucket

Nopes, not Secret Recipe. (*hint hint* :P) It's from Tong Kee Bread Tarts.

Photobucket

With candles on :D

Photobucket

Ahhh, lovely candles.

Photobucket

Smiling so radiantly with her cake :P

Photobucket

Photobucket

For dinner, we went to Little Pantry in IOI. Again, lol! Cuz my sister wanted to try out that place xD

This time, I brought my compact to polish up my food photography skills haha. Just on the same day, I read the Snapshots column (written by Jason Goh and Jason Lioh) about food ethics. Aha!

So anyway, the lamb shank.

Photobucket

I love lamb but this is the first time I ate the "shank" part. Don't like it, at all. Meat is not soft like the other parts, so it's kinda tough to chew. Doesn't have the full aroma, no flavour, and all I tasted was the lamb's foul smell.


Photobucket

You know how some lambs - when not cooked well - give off some smell? Yea.. so I made sure the black pepper sauce covered every bite. The mashed potato was not bad actually.. it came in a huge portion, so I was not able to finish it after the lamb. Though I really wanted to :P

Photobucket

The fish AGAIN. Described it in my previous post, you can take a look here.

If you're a first-timer, I would really recommend this. Pity I can't remember the name, but maybe, you'd find a picture of it in the menu? :P

Photobucket

Photobucket

Salmon pizza.

Photobucket

You may think that it doesn't look like it has salmon in it. Well the only thing I can remember of this pizza was, the horrible yellow cream stuff - which apparently turned out to be mozarella/cheddar cheese.

And it doesn't taste like cheese. Not even one teeny tiny bit. We ate them like, blueeurgh.

Photobucket

Chicken with black pepper sauce. So-so, nothing to really comment about.

Photobucket

After the pizza, this, is the real deal - salmon fish.

Photobucket

I'm not a salmon fish lover, so I'm not going to comment anything for fear of being biased xD But still, it looks yummy doesn't it?

Photobucket

Finally, the contented birthday girl. Peace out ^^

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment