Sunday, November 8, 2015

Go-Getter Café @ Bukit Jalil, KL

Nestled in the quiet neighbourhood of Bukit Jalil, this new café seems like an ideal future hangout spot for me and my friends. Considering that I live so far away from most of the good cafés in the Klang Valley, I was elated to find that there's another decent one nearby (apart from The Owls Café). I'm not a rich girl who does nothing but café-hop all the time, but exploring cafés is something I enjoy doing once in a while - so yes I was pleasantly surprised to stumble upon this cool café, so near my house too!

It's situated just next to The Owls Café, so the layout is somewhat similar. I'm glad we didn't have to wait for seats because there was no crowd unlike at The Owls Café, which can get mildly irritating sometimes. Even so, there were a number of customers sipping on their coffee and happily chatting with their friends when we went at 3pm.



The café exudes a vibrant and fun atmosphere which was immediately felt once I stepped in, offered by the simplistic yet colourful setting. With bright murals along the walls and chairs of different colours and bold prints, it's hard not to feel cheery when you're here!


Both of the "wheels" serve as mirrors - how cute is that?


Orders are placed at the counter (cash only), and then you'll get a mini toy car with your order number on it. I played with it while waiting for the food...


The avocado lassi (RM8) is a yoghurt drink, which I immediately fell in love with after the first sip. Followed by more (and more) sips. It's definitely a must-try item on the menu as it's so, so good! The drink has the perfect consistency - not too concentrated and not too diluted - paired with a strong tinge of fresh avocados. You can't really see the colour in this photo but the next photo will show its pale green colour clearly.


The Go-Getter pasta (RM17) is cooked with squid, shrimp, chilli padi and curry leaves in sweet and sour tomato sauce. A nice combination of flavours together on a plate, although it's nothing to shout about. In the late afternoon without any lunch, we devoured it while it was still warm.


The avocado toast (RM18) is unexpectedly superb, as I had imagined a normal toast but instead a thick slice of bread fried with presumably butter and sugar was served. Topped with fried egg and avocado pieces, the sweet and savoury breakfast item was further complemented with drizzles of honey and lemon.


For dessert, we had the ingenious ondeh-ondeh pandan waffle (RM12) with coconut ice-cream topped with shredded coconut and gula melaka syrup. I love how seemingly western food can be turned into localised creations like this. The taste is amazing even though the bright green colour of the waffle is a bit off-putting (no it's not because of the editing)... The ice-cream doesn't have much coconut flavour as well, but it's still a delightful dessert nonetheless.



A beautiful mess.



Besides the good food, the service is satisfying too - and that's the second most important factor that encourages customers to go back again. This café is still considered new but the quality of the food looks really promising.

Personally, I prefer the variety of the waffles here compared to The Owls Café. I will definitely go back again to try the other waffles - think: red velvet, cream cheese, salted caramel, charcoal, salted egg yolk sauce MMHM - if not just for the avocado lassi :P


----------------------------------

Address: 

12A-1, First Floor, Block 5, Jalan Jalil Jaya 6, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur.

Opening hours:


Monday-Thursday, 12pm-7pm
Friday-Saturday, 12pm-11pm
Sunday, 9am-6pm

*closed on Tuesdays
                       

P.S. Sorry for the low-quality photos. I didn't have my DSLR with me so I resorted to iPhone and VSCO

No comments:

Post a Comment